Our Staff and their Qualifications
At Orchardown we have the following staff
- 1 Owner
- 1 Manager
- 7 Senior Day Care Assistants
- 2 Chefs
- 3 Junior General Assistants
- 1 Laundry Lady
- 1 Public Area Cleaner
- 1 Room Cleaner
- 4 Night Care Assistants
All members of staff on duty are trained in First Aid.
- Within six weeks of their employment in the home all staff must have completed a Training Induction Programme.
- Within six months of their employment in the home all staff will have completed a Foundation Training Course.
- All care assistants delivering personal care and dispensing medication have achieved NVQ level 2 or higher.
- All staff involved in food preparation have been trained in Food Hygiene.
- All staff involved in the moving and handling of residents have been trained on an accredited Moving and Handling course.
- All staff undertake t least 10 accredited training courses appropriate to delivering high quality care within the home annually. The Owner and the Manager also undertake these courses along with extra courses to ensure the safe and smooth running of the home and to be current with all new legislation and regulations.
- All staff are encouraged and supported in furthering their career developing qualifications.